Since autumn has well and truly arrived, it’s finally time for pumpkin spice and everything nice. We’re all in need a bit of extra TLC at this time of year as the evenings turn dark and cold, which means snuggling up by the fire with the ultimate autumnal hot drink… a Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Latte. We have taste tested this delicious treat and perfected a quick and easy recipe, which you can also have in decaf too! Prepare your taste buds to be blown away with this rad recipe and get all those autumnal feels.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE RECIPE
- 1 small pumpkin
- 400ml water
- 200ml maple syrup
- 250ml agave syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 whole cloves
- Little’s French Vanilla flavoured coffee (French Vanilla decaf optional)
- 6 tbsp pumpkin spice syrup
- 1 tbsp double cream
- Sprinkling of ground nutmeg
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE METHOD
- First off, make sure you preheat your oven to 180ºC. To make the syrup, start by skinning the pumpkin and dicing it into small cubes. Place them on a baking tray and roast until it starts to turn golden. Take it out and chuck it in the liquidiser along with 50ml of the agave syrup and liquidise.
- Add the rest of the syrup ingredients and your pumpkin puree to a saucepan and stir until boiling. Reduce the heat to a simmer and heat for a further 10 minutes, then strain the syrup and put it to the side for a minute.
- Now on to making the latte. Add one heaped teaspoon of Little’s French Vanilla flavoured coffee to your mug and 50ml of boiling water to make your espresso shot. Then add 6 tablespoons of the homemade pumpkin spice syrup into the coffee and give it a stir.
- To finish, gently whip up the cream, spoon on to your mug and finely grate some nutmeg on top. Get cosy with a blanket and embrace the warm flavours of autumn. Right on!
Be sure to take a picture and tag us! @wearelittles #LivenUpYourCup