If you’re like us and counting down the days until your first mulled wine of the season, why not start early with this non-alcoholic mulled coffee recipe. Obviously you could cheat and get your hands on some Little’s Christmas Spirit flavoured coffee but, if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, read on!
We've got two options, one for black coffee drinkers and one for the milky coffee lovers. Either way, it's a really easy recipe and makes a delicious, festive drink you can enjoy all winter long.
- 2 cups whole milk or 2 cups of water
- 3 strips orange peel
- Little’s Ethiopian Premium Coffee
- 2 star anise
- 6 cloves
- 12 allspice
Mulled coffee method:
- Grab a small pan and heat the milk or water (depending if you want a black coffee or milky coffee) with all the spices until it's nice and steamy and smells fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover for 10 minutes – this will really infuse the flavours.
- Carefully strain out the spices and pour the liquid into a jug.
- Pop a spoonful of Little’s coffee into two mugs. If opting for the milky coffee version, fill your mugs halfway with hot water and top up with your warm, spicy milk.
- For the black coffee version, add a little hot water to your mugs to dissolve the coffee and fill your mug to the brim with your spiced water. Enjoy!
Prefer decaf? Try using our Brazil Decaf Premium Coffee instead.