We’re celebrating afternoon tea week with a coffee, of course. So if you’re joining us for a cuppa, we wanted to give you the perfect recipe for an accompanying sweet treat, coffee kisses. Sound delicious? Give them a go!
LITTLE’S COFFEE KISSES RECIPE
- 140g self-raising flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tsp Little’s flavoured Nespresso-Compatible coffee or a strong brew of Premium Instant coffee
- Raspberry jam
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g soft butter
- 2 tsp of whichever coffee you chose
COFFEE KISSES RECIPE METHOD
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC. Get yourself a mixing bowl and stir in the flour, cocoa and sugar. When it's well mixed, mix in your butter.
- Once well combined, mix in the beaten egg and coffee.
- Divide the mixture into even sized small balls using your hands and pop them onto a well greased baking tray. Bake for 15 mins.
- Allow your kisses to fully cool down and spread jam on to the flat side of each of the kisses.
- To make the buttercream filling, cream the butter and gradually add icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add your coffee and mix well. Use the buttercream to sandwich together two coffee kisses.
- Enjoy with a cuppa!