Our flavoured ground coffee doesn’t have to be reserved for the cafetière. It makes an excellent cup of cold brew coffee, too. We’ve been experimenting with our Chocolate caramel ground coffee and we’ve learnt that letting the coffee infuse overnight really makes the caramel flavour pop, so you end up with a delightfully sweet, moreish cup of coffee. This will be a new staple in your fridge.
What is cold brew coffee?
Cold brew is ground coffee that’s steeped in cold water for anywhere between 12-24 hours. Cold brew is less acidic than hot brewed coffee and tends to have a smooth, sweet taste that’s less bitter than your average cup of coffee. So you can see the appeal, right? Add chocolate caramel flavour to the mix and you can imagine just how good this tastes. Plus, it’s so easy to make!
Our top tips for the perfect cold brew
- Dilute with lots of ice and, if you’re looking for a less strong cup of coffee, add still or sparkling water. Cold brew tends to have a higher caffeine content than a regular cup of coffee because of the ratios of coffee to water when making a batch.
- Use a Kilner or large jar (you could even recycle your used Little’s jars – how about that!) and you can keep a batch in the fridge for 2-3 days. Perfect for mornings when you’re running late or don’t want to boil the kettle.
- Cold brew can be warmed up if you need a cosy cup of coffee and it’ll taste just as good!
How to make Chocolate Caramel Cold Brew Coffee
- 50g chocolate caramel ground coffee
- Cold water
- Put your ground coffee into a large jar and top with cold water. Cover your jar and give it a little wiggle before leaving at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
- Strain your coffee – you can do this with a coffee filter, a muslin/cheese cloth or, like we’ve done, a sieve lined with a sheet of kitchen roll. You want it to be free of any coffee grounds.
- Serve with ice, a dash of still or sparkling water for a less strong coffee, and some milk if you prefer. It tastes just as good without, too.
- Keep the rest in the fridge for 2-3 days and drink when you need a little caffeine hit!
Watch the tutorial video here!